London tower bridge experience
The London Bridge Experience is a different attraction from the Tower Bridge, often confused due to their similar names. The London Bridge Experience is a unique and thrilling tourist attraction located near the historic London Bridge. Here’s what visitors can expect:
- London’s Dark History: The London Bridge Experience delves into the dark and rich history of London Bridge, one of the city’s oldest surviving crossings over the River Thames.
- Interactive Experience: This award-winning interactive experience takes visitors through various historical periods, showcasing the bridge’s significance over centuries.
- Live Actors and Special Effects: The experience is brought to life with the help of professional actors and stunning special effects, making for an engaging and educational tour.
- Engaging Storytelling: The stories range from the Roman period to the Viking age, and from the times of Queen Boudicca to Jack the Ripper, offering a dramatic and vivid retelling of London’s past.
The London Tombs
- Scare Attraction: Underneath the London Bridge, the London Tombs, part of the experience, offer a thrilling and chilling scare attraction. These are set within what was once a plague pit.
- Horror Elements: The tombs bring a horror twist to the historical experience, featuring impressive sets, scares, and a spooky atmosphere.
- Historical Insight: Beyond the scares, the attraction provides educational insights into the history of one of London’s most famous landmarks and the city itself.
- Interactive Exhibits: The exhibits are designed to be interactive, making learning about history fun and engaging, especially for younger visitors.
Accessibility and Facilities
- Family-Friendly: The experience is suitable for families, though the scare attraction in the tombs may not be appropriate for very young children.
- Facilities Available: There are facilities like restrooms and a gift shop on-site.
Location and Accessibility
- Central Location: Located in the heart of London, near the actual London Bridge, the attraction is easily accessible by public transport.
- Close to Other Attractions: It’s in close proximity to other famous sights like the Shard, Borough Market, and the River Thames.
- Admission Fees: Entry to the London Bridge Experience and the London Tombs requires a ticket.
- Opening Hours: The attraction operates daily with specific opening hours, which may vary on public holidays.
The London Bridge Experience offers a unique blend of history, horror, and theatrical entertainment, making it a popular choice for those looking to explore London’s past in an interactive and memorable way.